Sunday, October 2, 2016

Pulut Kuning and Bubur Kacang Hijau

It was my first time making pulut kuning and it was a bit salty haha, but I guess it's okay for my own consumption :p
There are times when you just miss your own local food, and in my case - Malaysian food!!! After a few weeks of Turkish food, wholewheat breads, veggies and fruits (I had to seriously start eating healthily as I just got back from a short summer break in Malaysia), I decided that today is my cheat day. But seriously, eating out and Malaysian food made me gain a lot of weight, and I really mean a lot. But your own local food, and they are just soo good...

So I set out to make Pulut Kuning (Yellow Glutinous Rice) with Fried Chicken and Sambal, and Bubur Kacang Hijau (Green Beans dessert).

Oh this time I made sure my kitchen is well stocked up on gula melaka, pandan leaves, coconut milk powder, serai, daun limau purut, (to name a few impossible-to-find ingredients here) so that I can make Malaysian food easily.

So both the glutinous rice and the green beans have to be soaked overnight, and I did that.


Glutinous rice soaked with some turmeric powder overnight, or at least 6 hours

Line some pandan leaves on a steamer, put the rice on top

Cover the lid and steam until they are fluffy- then pour some coconut milk with some salt, mix them well, and return to steam.

And now it's ready! I had mine with some sambal and fried chicken on the side - yummeh


and..a final picture of my sweet dessert, Bubur Kacang Hijau :)
Afiyet Olsun

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TurkAsia Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design